Monday, September 15, 2008

FREE DAY #2

Today was devoted to Wine and Relaxation. We took the Metro with some of our friends to the Luxembourg Gardens. I'd imagine that we could have gotten off at a closer station because the walk seemed to take forever. On the way there we all ducked in to the Franprix (a grocery chain) to get the essentials, Red Wine & Nutella. 
The gardens were beautiful. The wine went down fast and smoothly. I don't like Nutella. But I'll eat a plain baguette any time.
Trees in a row.
Later on the group broke off in to two and we went with Arch and Albert to the famous Cafe de Flore. Rebecca is addicted to cafe creme. If you are planning on having her visit you any time soon, I strongly suggest that you stock up now. She's been talking about the in her sleep. Seriously. 
Tonight we didn't really want to eat French food, so after wandering around, we found ourselves back in Jewish Town. We had some nice falafel au poive. Sadly, we have to go back to work tomorrow. But the serious work ends there. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't like Nutella. I eat crepes all the time with Nutella and bananas. YUM!!! The pictures are stunning-I'm so happy you're getting some free time for site seeing. Trees in a row-"Allee". Cafe creme huh...I'll have to learn how to whip some up. Love you, love you. Soak up every second!!!