Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 2

Last night Katy and I "cooked" dinner for everyone who performed. We assembled a salad of greens, avocado and crab meat with a side of orzo, tomatoes and feta cheese. It wasn't quite the meal of love that we would usually prepare, but we were both pretty tipsy and frankly didn't really care. But as I thought, a hungry, tired dancer will eat pile of crap as long as it has enough gravy on it. Everyone was greeted at the door with some cocktails that I prepared. Cranberry vodka with a splash of pomegranate/blueberry juice. Katy even skewered some blueberries on drink stirs to make them look "classy". I guess they might have been a little strong since everyone fell asleep real easy but awoke as a monster. Needless to say, we didn't all make it to class this morning.
So today I taught class a the State's school. It's nice to not get nervous to teach anymore. Last year I would pace around the house here, drinking cup after cup of coffee until the last minute. Today I just rolled out of bed and went in and taught. It seemed to go well. No one cried, one girl fell. That was pretty much it. At the end of class every girl comes up and curtsies to me and thanks me and I try to look each one in the eyes and thank them as well, but by the tenth or eleventh, I swear that my eyes are crossed and I look like freak. Maybe next time I'll just scream "You're Welcome!" and run out of the room.

No comments: