Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 1, a reflection of.

Today wraps up our performances for the week. In past years I don't remember myself feeling such constant pain. I think I'm getting old. I'm like an older woman who keeps cramming her large feet in to a pair of heals she use to wear in her twenties, sad and in denial. 
I don't feel that I've given any performances up here that warrant any memory, I'm just trying to get through this and get home. Pain is the name of my game here. Last night after a performance that roused up more inflammation than applause. Afterwards I gave my body over to our therapist for an emergency acupuncture session. Thirty needles later, I was able to drive myself home for some dinner, beer and sleep. Rebecca is doing her best as well to stay ahead of the waves of pain that always seem to be crashing down on our little island. We need a reef. 
Did god create weekends? If he did I'll pray for more. 

No comments: